“I was anticipating this to be a much tougher recruit, but the process was actually pretty smooth sailing. They got us all 8 caregivers in a timely fashion and were responsive and quick to answer any queries or concerns.”
Strategy Insights & Planning Manager
Research Support Group Lead,
Recruiting patients and caregivers for market research, health economics and outcomes research (HEOR), and clinical trials have become particularly challenging over the years.
Prevalence rates are small enough that the passive approach of the large consumer panels can’t recruit sufficient samples.
We recruit patient and caregiver participants through the following methods:
- Partners with advocacy groups.
- Attends patient-oriented events
- Obtains patient referrals to other patients
- Uses social media to connect with patient support and advocacy groups (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
Our Reliable Recruitment Method
We invest the time in pharma panel and survey recruitment now so patient and caregiver panels are ready when you need them.
This active approach takes time. And it doesn’t apply just to rare diseases market research — it works with other special patient populations where an active recruiting approach is needed.
Our partnership with WhatNext, the exclusive social health network of the American Cancer Society, makes available 38,000 cancer patients and caregivers for qualitative and quantitative research. For each type of cancer, patients are identified by stage of cancer, stage of treatment, age, and geographical location.
"Also, it has been a pleasure working with you and Rare Patient Voice. Y’all made it easy for us to quickly turn around some research in a tough to find audience. Thanks!"
Clients continue to tell us how impressed they are with our health care market research recruitment and the high quality of our respondents. This is a result of:
- Source – We connect with patients personally at advocacy events and other patient events. We also partner with online advocacy and support groups.
- Vetting – We vet each patient and caregiver who signs up both manually (looking at the answers to questions about the condition and treatment) and technologically (does their contact information match independent sources? are IP addresses unique?). If unsure, we contact the patient directly and discuss. This helps us reduce fraudulent entries and maintain a high-quality respondent pool.
These practices set our respondents apart from those screened across the general population (“please check all the conditions you have”). It takes more time and attention, but it results in the highest quality data.
With more than 40 years in market research experience on both the client and supplier side, we are happy to consult with clients on study design. Since we know our panelists very well, we can advise you on the best way to work with them to get the insights you and your clients require.
Ready to get started?
Want to learn more?
- Learn about our Patient/Caregiver Panels
- View our pricing
- View some of our trusted partners
- Questions? Contact us at email@example.com